Sunday, March 15, 2009

Winchester 37A .410 ga.

Had to go to ChinaMart the other day and picked up some more shells for my old Winchester 37A .410 ga. I got this gun for Christmas when I was 10 years old and it is still the love of my life. I'm sure some would say that it is not powerful enough to be of any value but, I have taken rabbits, squirrel and a few grouse over the years with this little shotgun. It will always have a place in my gun cabinet. You just can't put a price on things that were given to you by your father in my book. Plus for those that don't think it's a powerful gun....stand over there and hold this bullseye up in front of you.....that may change your minds.


I have noticed that you can still get these for a fair price on the used gun market, around $100.00 or less. Not a bad gun at all for the money. Quality shotgun for a fair price, think about a .410 if your in the market for a dependable cheap shotgun to shoot. I think the single shot gun makes me take better aim know that I have only one shot. Good clean kills every time. Just something to think about.


This is Bullseye...OUT !!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

.410 is good for what it is and is useful like all the other tools. I would not knock it. I do not own one, nor do I plan to own one.

You are also right about things from the family. My favorite is the firearms from my Grandpa.

Ken said...

...brought out my h&r .410 single shot just to look at,aint seen daylight in years...it thanx you Bullseye...

Bullseye said...

Jennerswen, thanks for the comment and yes it's a useful tool that I just happen to already have. Want to make good use of it too. And plus, Daddy bought it for me.

Ken, glad to jog your memory about the H&R, I'm sure daylight will do it and you some good. Thank you brother.